The Angles Way Ultra 50k
The 50k race is long and requires some essential kit to be carried by the participants.
But we do not want to weigh you down unnecessarily with full kit on a hot summer day with a stable forecast.
Likewise the weather could be bad or turn during the race, so you will have to carry the bare minimum listed below on you at all times.
It is unacceptable to participate without the specified kit for your race.
Disqualification will be the outcome should you not have the correct kit.
At any point of the race or at the finish line you may be asked to show you have the correct kit.
50k Kit List
- Waterproof OR Windproof Jacket (Be sensible, equip yourself according to the conditions and forecast)
- Hat (Buff style headwear acceptable)
- Foil space blanket
- First Aid Provision - Sterile dressing, antiseptic wipe and bandage as a minimum
- Hydration system with minimum 1 litre capacity / folding cup to be used in checkpoints
- Basic nutrition (to be supplemented via Checkpoints)
- Emergency Contact numbers (supplied at registration and on race number)
- Charged mobile phone (Waterproofed in plastic freezer bag or equivalent)
You will need a Headtorch for the 50k if you expect you may be out after dark. If you expect to be 12 hours or more then bring a headtorch as part of your kit! This is NOT a mandatory piece of kit for the whole field.