The Angles Way Ultra 100k
The 100k race is long and requires some essential kit to be carried by the participants.
But we do not want to weigh you down unnecessarily with full kit on a hot summer day with a stable forecast.
Likewise the weather could be bad or turn during the race, so you will have to carry the bare minimum listed below on you at all times.
It is unacceptable to participate without the specified kit for your race.
Disqualification will be the outcome should you not have the correct kit.
At any point of the race or at the finish line you may be asked to show you have the correct kit.
Drop Bags - The 100k race has 2 drop bags.
These will be supplied at registration and are small draw string bags.
They will be available at Checkpoint 3 & 5.
100k Kit List
This system is designed to allow you to run light and make your own decisions about what you need to have on your person between CP’s, but still have a good range of kit and warm/dry clothing etc at your disposal during the race.
ALL of the kit is MANDATORY for you to bring to the race.
What you pack in which drop bag OR carry is your responsibility.
This way of doing the 100k kit list allows each participant to take control and carry what they think is suitable for the conditions and forecast, and comprehensive for your needs, allowing you to be safe but not be weighed down by unnecessary kit.
Mandatory Kit to be carried by participant at all times.
- Waterproof Jacket (Windproof not sufficient, must be hooded jacket with taped seams)
- Hat (Buff style headwear acceptable)
- Foil space blanket
- First Aid Provision - Sterile dressing and bandage as a minimum
- Charged mobile phone (Waterproofed in plastic freezer bag or equivalent)
- Hydration system with minimum 1 litre capacity / Folding cup to be used in checkpoints
- Basic nutrition (to be supplemented via Checkpoints)
- Emergency Contact numbers sheet (supplied at registration and on race number)